Clan TF 3.0
Now running on...
You must already have TeamFortress version 2.5 or later installed. The
files, as well as a great deal of info on TeamFortress, are available from
Simply download the Server
and Client Zip, and
unzip it into your /quake/fortress directory. Then rename "pakX.pak"
file to the next highest numbered pak file. For example, if you already
had a pak0.pak and pak1.pak, name it pak2.pak. Last build: 6/16/98
Clan TF 3.0 was written solely for competitive internet play under
QuakeWorld. Netquake and Coop play are not supported.
Overall Game Changes From 2.7
- New concussion, flash, and gas effects.
- Frags now handed out during a match when a player disconnects.
- Players who join late start with their teamscore in frags.
- Killing teammate death messages now include victim
- Status bar redone! Teamscore no longer shown: flag status is shown
- Armor has a 5% chance of respawning with an armorclass.
- Every class gets their max armor for touching the red armor.
Class Changes From 2.7
- Flash grenade replaced with Freeze grenade.
- Conc has new effect.
- Scanning is either off or on, when on, the scout will automatically
scan once per second.
- Flare now fires like a missle.. will stick to players.
- Nail grenade changed to hitscan to reduce lag.
- New Pipe-Bomb Launcher model, to distinguish modes more easily.
- Medic now has 100 health instead of 90. As a compensation, his armor
is not quite as good.
- Medikit ammo removed; Medics are assumed to never run out of supplies.
This is mostly to keep them from hoarding the health on 2fort5.
- Conc has new effect.
- A dead medic's pack gives you 50 health, and heals you if you are
- Heavy Weapons Guy
- Assault Cannon uses belt ammo (represented by nails) instead of
shells, leaving the Double-Shotgun as backup.
- No longer pushed around by damage.
- May now move slowly while firing the Assault Cannon.
- Larger super-shotgun clip.
- New weapon Battle-axe has longer range than the
hand axe, and 125 damage. Updated skin and weaponmodel to go with it.
- Napalm behaves more realistically: the explosions now follow the
grenade when it's moving.
- Napalms disappear in water or when frozen by a scout.
- Players on fire are immediately doused in water.
- Feigning now broadcasts a deathmessage, at the cost of 10 cells. The
deathmessage is taken from the last thing to damage him.
- Can now feign in air.
- Gas grenade has new effect.
- Can wear yellow armor.
- Backstab now ignores armor, causing instant death unless the
victim has super-health.
- Attacking does not immediately uncover the Spy now. To be
uncovered, an enemy must shoot the spy within 4 seconds after the attack
- Engineer now takes responsibility for damage caused by EMP'd detpacks
- More info about buildings: dispenser health on sbar, and notification
if dispenser is destroyed.
- Engineer now has red armor.
- Engineer regens armor 5 points every 2 seconds, for the cost of 2
metal. Can create himself new armor for 20 metal.
- Sentry now affected by concussions and freezes.
- Dead engineer's pack gives you 50 armor.
Bugfixes from 2.7
- Fixed multiple sentry cheat
- Fixed bug that would cause servers to hang indefinitely in intermission.
- Fixed the "bug" that QW2.2 basically turned water into sludge.. the
water is now pure and clean again. =)
Server changes from 2.7
- localinfo "iceslide", when set to on, lets you play hockey with frozen
players. Otherwise, they are locked in position.
- The server's "localinfo exec_map_cfgs on" will cause
fortress/qwmcycle/XXX.cfg to be excuted at the start of each stage, where
XXX is the mapname.
- The client's "setinfo exec_map_cfgs on" will cause fortress/XXX.cfg to
be excuted at the start of each stage, where XXX is the mapname.
- Timelimit represents the actual playing time, not counting prematch.
Setting pm to 5, and timelimit to 30 will run the map for 35 minutes
before stopping for intermission.
- All new admin interface, with expanded powers.
The idea behind this concussion is that it tries to mimic the effects of
the old concussion, but is completely immune to cheating of any type, such
as hacks, scripts, proxies, or bots.
The main effect is that your view stays the same, but your aim moves in a
circle that's centered on your crosshair, making it incredibly hard to
aim. You also walk in a drunken manner.
As time goes on, the effects wear off and your aim spirals down to
pin-point. The closer you are to the grenade when it goes off, the more
severe the concussion, and the longer it takes to wear off. A direct hit
will last about 30 secs, minor hits can last as few as 15. In addition,
concussions are cumulative up to a point: if you are hit with multiple
concussions, you'll be out for a while.
There's also a very small v_idlescale added. This serves as a visual
reminder that you are concussioned, so that you don't forget and go
blasting the floor with a rocket.
When hit by the scout's new freeze grenade (replaces flash), players will
be frozen for 6 seconds. The effect is dispelled instantly by pyro fire
from either team. Pryos are frozen for only 4 seconds.
Sentries hit by freeze will halt for 4 seconds. They will recover
immediately if hit by a friendly spanner.
The colorshifting has been removed, due to GLquake, and cheaters. Now,
when you gas an enemy, they take on your skin, color, and id-name. This
allows the spy to spread confusion and more easily escape discovery. They
will maintain your skin, color, etc, until the gas wears off. Gas no
longer lasts as long, and the effects only last a max of 40 seconds now,
instead of 100.
You cannot gas teammates, or enemy spies, although your gas will damage
Special thanks to clans: DoS, OSKI, IC, APr, DJedi, GT, MP, IM12, and SK
for all of their ideas, support, and play testing. This would have never
been possible without their unfailing support.
This mod has been officially bugtested by DarthVeda, Clan Teammate, and
Please report all bugs to Sinth.
Last updated 5/28/98